“We are committed to protecting the environment and investing to reduce our environmental footprint”
We are committed to protecting the environment and ensure we operate in an environmentally responsible manner.
We invest in infrastructure and programs to improve our environmental performance. To optimise these investments:
- we implement a certified Environmental Management System (ISO 14001) in all of our production sites;
- we implement targeted environmental protection programs and continually invest in environmental protection infrastructure;
- we monitor and aim to improve our performance in areas such as efficient energy use, water conservation, raw materials, waste management and minimising [carbon] emissions;
- we diligently promote copper and aluminium recycling, through initiatives such as the Aluminium Can Recycling Centre (www.canal.gr) that raises awareness, educates and promotes aluminium recycling in Greece;
We work to continually improve our environmental footprint; to achieve this, we focus on the following:
- Preserving natural resources;
- Proper management of raw materials;
- Minimising [carbon] emissions;
- Optimising waste management;
- Increasing usage of secondary material;
Read here our Environmental & Climate Change Policy.
For more information about the efforts in environmental protection please visit Elval's site and Halcor's site.