Elval –Oinofyta plant, Greece
Elval’s Oinofyta plant is one of the world’s most advanced industrial aluminium rolling plants. Following a major investment programme, the plant is now considered a cutting-edge production facility, with an annual capacity of 270,000 tons. The plant stands at 174,000 m2 on a plot of 549,000 m2. Elval invests in the latest technologies, allowing it to offer high value-added products and services developed using expertise and knowledge gained over more than 45 years of operation.
The Oinofyta plant manufactures a wide range of products including aluminium alloys for the following industries:
- Sea, road and rail transport
- Building and construction
- Energy and power networks
- Household appliances
It also supplies aluminium solutions for custom-made applications.
The manufacturing process for aluminium coil, strips and sheet production, includes the following stages:
- Aluminium alloying and casting into slabs which are 0.6 m thick, up to 2.5 m wide and up to 9 m long.
- Hot rolling, during which the slab is shaped into coils a few millimetres thick.
- Continuous casting, an alternative to the two preceding stages, during which molten aluminium is cast directly into coils a few millimetres thick.
- Cold rolling, where a coil produced through hot rolling or continuous casting achieves a specified thickness for a particular end product.
- Intermediate or final thermal processing of coils or end products in furnaces to acquire product properties such as hardness, to facilitate easy further processing, etc.
- Coating or other processing of the aluminium coil surface (e.g. tread plate).
- Cutting of the mother coil into strips or sheets using specialised equipment.
- End product packaging in bundles or pallets using advanced methods and materials to protect the aluminium until its end use.
For more information, please visit: http://www.elval.gr